☀ ENJOY SURF ☀
Das perfekte Wochenende
Book now for a great adventure
The feature of this bedroom is that it is ideal for groups of up to four people. But it is also available as a female room to share. Wi-Fi connection at high speed, ventilation and natural light.
The bedroom El Confital is the most luminous of the whole surf house. It accommodates two persons in a comfortable bunk bed. High speed Wi-Fi connection and natural ventilation and light.
Los Muellitos is our most cozy room, the combination of colors make it the warmest room of the surf house. It has got avaliability for two persons in a comfortable bunk bed. High speed Wi-Fi connection and natural ventilation and light.
Set 200 feet from Las Canteras Beach, Little Surf House is located in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. This hostel features free WiFi and a shared lounge and kitchen.
Each room in this property has single beds or bunk beds, a wardrobe, and tiled floors. All rooms have access to shared bathroom facilities. Bed linen and towels are provided.
There is a fully-equipped kitchen available for guests, and the communal lounge includes a flat-screen TV and sofas. A shuttle to the airport can be arranged for an extra charge, and a storage for surfboards is provided.
You can find a restaurant, bar, and grocery shop within a 5-minute walk of Little Surf House.
Las Canteras Beach
The beach of Las Canteras is the main urban beach of the city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Frequented throughout the year, it is the beach preferred by most of the inhabitants of the city and foreigners who visit it, who can enjoy it at any time of the year thanks to the mild climate.
Santa Catalina Park
The Santa Catalina Park is the gateway to the city for those travelers who arrive by sea to the Port of La Luz. It is the first postcard found by cruise passengers disembarking at the nearby Santa Catalina cruise pier.
Its location is privileged. Between the port and the beach of Las Canteras. The life of the park is developed around its kiosks and terraces. It has a children's area and there are two emblematic buildings, witness of the English port trade, the Elder and Miller buildings. The Elder building, now the Museum of Science and Miller, a multifunctional building designed for culture and during carnival parties becomes its logistics center.
It has always stood out as a point of reference for life on the street and a meeting point for tourists. In the Park is the House of Tourism, a building reference of the patrimony of the city, devised by the artist Néstor Martín-Fernández de la Torre and his brother Miguel Martín Fernández de la Torre.
Perez Galdos House Museum
The Perez Galdós House-Museum in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is a traditional 19th and 20th century house, located in the Vegueta neighborhood, the historical center of the city. In it was born and lived the writer Benito Pérez Galdós until the 19 years (1862).
Guided tours are organized daily, starting at noon (groups of visitors will never exceed 15 people).
As of December 19, 2006, the Casa-Museo was expanded to the adjoining building that was renovated to house the Center for Galdos Studies, an institution that brings together the documentary set and bibliographic funds related to the work and person of the writer, , Also of a room of investigators; Spaces for temporary exhibitions and classrooms for conferences and courses. It also houses specific facilities for the Department of Education and Cultural Action (DEAC).
The Galdós of Victorio Macho in 1922 (that did not get to eat the sea).
This annexed building, which also has two patios, allowed to place in the second of them the sculpture that Victorio Macho made in 1930 for the first monument dedicated to Perez Galdós in his hometown. The work, made of limestone, was originally facing the ocean, in the old Quay of the city, where it was removed in 1970, in a prudent act of treason to the Castilian sculptor whose desire, in his own words, was: ". ... I dream that 'my Galdos' will become confused with the landscape and look like a rock ... "The eroded original sculpture presides over the ground floor of the new building and is the portico for the visit to the native house, Access from the new facilities.
Casa de Colón
The Casa de Colón is a cultural institution located in the historic district of Vegueta, in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain.
This public center, attached to the Department of Culture, Historical Heritage and Museums of the Cabildo of Gran Canaria, and inaugurated in 1951, is one of the most emblematic buildings of the city. Its scope focuses on the study, investigation and diffusion of the history of the Canary Islands and its relations with America. It houses a museum, a library and specialized study center, as well as various spaces for temporary activities: courses, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, screenings, concerts, etc.
The current configuration of the property comes from the integration of several houses, one of which is part of the former House of the Governor, which Christopher Columbus visited during his first trip, in 1492, in order to request help for the settlement of La Pinta . The architecture presents diverse interventions from 1950, conserving original zones that go back to century XVI. The various restorations, as well as the original preserved elements, make the House a unique and obligatory building in the city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. The Museum is composed of two large courtyards and a total of thirteen permanent exhibition halls. They emphasize in them the coffered ceilings, the arches and the columns. The courtyard, which has a Gothic borehole, acquires greater importance for its valuable Renaissance arcade from the convent of Santo Domingo, destroyed by the attacks of the Dutch corsair Pieter van der Does in the sixteenth century.
Elder Science & Tech Museum
The Elder Museum of Science and Technology is an institution for scientific dissemination. It was inaugurated in 1999 in the Park of Santa Catalina of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain). This museum is managed by a foundation in which the Government of the Canary Islands participates.
Its headquarters are in the Elder building, which was owned by a former ship consignment company, which dates from the end of the 19th century and has 6,800 m2 of built area and 4,600 m2 of exhibition space.
The museum is made up of four exhibiting plants, temporary exhibition rooms, digital planetariums, a large-format 3D cinema and various exhibitions on technology, physics, mathematics, astronomy, biology, medicine, geology ...
In addition to recreational physics experiments, visitors can look at some real historical pieces, such as an 1885 steam locomotive, a marine diesel engine, or several older models of steamships. The steam locomotive is located in the cafeteria, but can be seen freely from outside the museum, as it is located next to a large glass. This locomotive had the registration of Renfe 020-0235, although after its restoration it appears an erroneous numbering (207) .1 It is of Iberian track width (1674 mm) and was manufactured in Belgium by the company Couillet, being designed for the service of Maneuvers in railway stations.
Another of the stars of the museum is a true supersonic combat aircraft CASA-Northrop F-5, version AR9, which provided reconnaissance services in the Spanish Air Force, and which currently draws attention to its design and invitation to accommodate In his cabin.
CAAM - Atlantic Center of Modern Art
The Atlantic Center of Modern Art is the main contemporary art museum in the Canary Islands, Spain. It is located in the neighborhood of Vegueta in the city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
Its main cultural policy is structured on the concept of "tricontinentality", or what is the same, the belief that the peripheral discourse that forms a substantial part of the Canarian identity has to do with the influence exerted by three great discourses: The Latin American, the African and the European. For this reason, a large part of the works of his permanent collection (which is not exposed) are acquired on the basis of this discursive trident. Likewise, the Library Documentation Center, with almost 57,000 volumes of specialized art, has an extensive collection dedicated exclusively to art and to African and Latin American creators.
Viera y Clavijo Botanical Garden
The Canarian Botanical Garden "Viera y Clavijo", also known as Jardín Canario, is located in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, named in honor of Jose Viera and Clavijo, an 18th century Canarian naturalist, friend of the eminent botanist Cavanilles, and pioneer of Nature Sciences in the archipelago. It is mainly dedicated to the flowers and endemic plants of the seven islands of the Canary Archipelago, also including species of the islands that belong to the area called 'Islands of Macaronesia', which includes the islands of Madeira, the Azores and Cape Verde. It is managed by the Ministry of Environment and Emergencies of the Cabildo of Gran Canaria.
This sports park was built where before was the parachute barracks of Las Rehoyas, nowadays is a fabulous park with sports equipment suitable for all audiences.
The park has 2 artificial grass soccer fields, one of them convertible into 2 football fields 7, and an extensive green area that makes the enjoyment of visitors. It is also a sports center composed of a half-covered pavilion for practicing indoor soccer, handball, basketball, and volleyball.
There is also an aquatic therapy area with an indoor pool of 25 meters, a spinning room, a fitness room, a playroom, 3 paddle courts, 2 minibasket, 1 basketball court, a pet park and canaria .
Next to the pool we have a cafe where we can order a good breakfast to start with the exercises.
It must be said that to rent paddle tennis courts, tennis, etc., you have to ask for time and day, and pay a small fee.
Centro de Arte La Regenta
The La Regenta Art Center, a subsidiary of the Government of the Canary Islands, was founded in 1987 and is housed in an old factory building. It is a public institution dedicated to contemporary art.
Alfredo Kraus Auditorium
The Auditorium Alfredo Kraus is an auditorium of Spain located in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (island of Gran Canaria, Canary Islands) constituting one of the most unique buildings of the capital of Gran Canaria. Created by Óscar Tusquets, it was built between 1993 and 1997 with the idea of erecting a lighthouse that protected the beach of Las Canteras.
In the main room, behind the orchestra opens a huge window that allows the view of the Atlantic while attending a concert.
In the auditorium Alfredo Kraus, the International Film Festival of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and the Canary Islands Music Festival are held annually, among other festivals, also promoting contests, exhibitions, congresses, conventions and contacts of all kinds. It is the headquarters of the Gran Canaria Philharmonic Orchestra.
In the whole of the auditorium there is the Palais des Congrès de Canaries, which has the prestigious ISO 9001: 2000 quality certificate awarded by the Spanish Association for Standardization and Certification (AENOR) and which guarantees excellence in the services it offers.